WILD COMBINATION is director Matt Wolf’s visually absorbing portrait of the seminal avant-garde composer, singer-songwriter, cellist, and disco producer Arthur Russell. Before his untimely death from AIDS in 1992, Arthur prolifically created music that spanned both pop and the transcendent possibilities of abstract art. Now, over fifteen years since his passing, Arthur's work is finally finding its audience. Wolf incorporates rare archival footage and commentary from Arthur's family, friends, and closest collaborators—including Philip Glass and Allen Ginsberg—to tell this poignant and important story.
- NEW feature-length audio commentary by director Matt Wolf
- 2017 Arthur Russell’s Tower of Meaning performance
- 25 minutes of archival Arthur Russell performance footage
- Allen Ginsberg’s mantra at Arthur Russell’s funeral
- Audiocassette letter from Arthur Russell to his parents
- Covers of Arthur Russell songs by Jens Lekman, Verity
- Susman of Electrelane, Joel Gibb of The Hidden Cameras, and Arthur’s Landing