No Impact Man$ 11.99
Author Colin Beavan, in research for his next book, began the No Impact Project in November 2006. A newly self-proclaimed environmentalist who could no long avoid pointing the finger at himself, Colin leaves behind his liberal complacency for a vow to make as little environmental impact as possible for one year. No more automated transportation, no more electricity, no more non-local food, no more material consumption...no problem. That is, until his espresso-guzzling, retail-worshipping wife Michelle and their two year-old daughter are dragged into the fray. Laura Gabbert and Justin Schein's film provides a front row seat into the familial strains and strengthened bonds that result from Colin's and Michelle's struggle with this radical lifestyle change.
- No Impact Dating: Colin and Michelle on No Impact nights on the town.
- Urban cycling: Bike activism in NYC.
- Freeganism: The virtues of gleaning food from the trash.
- Audience Q&A: Colin, Michelle, and filmmakers discuss the film at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Fruit vinegar: Colin's easy to follow recipe.
- Optional clean audio track for school & educational use.
Please note: The O-scope build cardboard casing is no longer available for this title. Only plastic amaray casing is available.