A Film Unfinished$ 11.99
This potent documentary uses a long-lost film reel to illustrate how the Nazis controlled images of Jewish life during World War II. Though the Nazis made a propaganda movie of contented Jews in the Warsaw ghetto, the missing spool exposes the truth. Director Yael Hersonski shows how the imagery was staged to distort historical knowledge and, with the aid of Jewish survivors' testimony, chronicles the horrifying reality of ghetto life.
- Interview with author and film researcher Adrian Wood
- Scholar Michael Berenbaum on A Film Unfinished
- Death Mills (1945) - A short film by Billy Wilder - includes some of the first footage shot from within concentration camps post-liberation
- Study Guide - for educators and students to gain a deeper understanding of the themes and lessons in the film
- With an exclusive essay by author and film scholar Annette Insdorf