Butter on the Latch & Thou Wast Mild and Lovely
BUTTER ON THE LATCH
At a Balkan folk song and dance camp in the woods of Mendocino, California, Sarah reunites with her old friend Isolde and with a song she learned years ago about dragons who entwine themselves in a woman's hair and carry her away through the forest, burning it as they go. When Sarah pursues a romance with a new camper Steph, the nights of sensual secrets and singing with Isolde come to an abrupt end. But the song crawls closer.
- Feature length audio commentary with Josephine Decker, Ashley Connor, and Sarah Small
- Alternate opening to the film
- Short film about the Balkan Folk camp
- Outtake of Josephine Decker directing
THOU WAST MILD AND LOVELY
When Akin arrives at the farm, he finds his job. This is what he expected to find. When Sarah opens her legs, she finds someone watching. This is what she expected to find. When Jeremiah opens his mouth, frightening things come out of it. This has come to be expected. But what happens by the creek next to the cow. This was not expected.
Thou Wast Mild and Lovely is a highly intimate and subtly erotic thriller inspired by John Steinbeck’s East of Eden and featuring love, death, guns, goats, a farmer, his grown daughter and the secrets they no longer succeed in keeping.
- Feature length audio commentary with director Josephine Decker and director of photography Ashley Connor
- Sophie Traub audition tape